An Environment Agency Rod Licence is required to fish at Westwoodside.
Pleasure and Club Match Rules
- Barbless hooks only - Max size 10.
- Monofilament hooklengths only.
- Inline or free running feeders and bombs only.
- Keepnets only allowed in matches - 2 nets required.
- Nets must be dried before fishing.
- Fish must not be handled in towels or rags.
- All litter to be removed from site.
- Only one rod per angler.
- Fish must be returned alive to water.
- Dogs allowed on leads, please clean up after your dog.
- Do not discard cigarette butts, use ash trays provided.
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Do not damage reed beds or other lakeside vegetation.
- Fish only on platforms provided.
- No bad language, woman and children may be fishing.
- Floating baits only allowed for hookbaits.
Additional Open match rules
- Maximum pole length 16 mts.
- No floating pole.
- No floating baits, popped up bread permited.
- Maximum of 8 pints of bait in total.
- Maximum of 4 pints of any one bait (except meat).
- Fishery feed pellets only, any soft hooker pellets.
- Maximum 2 kilo of groundbait (can be balled in).
- One standard size tin of luncheon meat or cat meat.
- Mini boilies allowed for hookbaits, no loose feeding.
- Permitted baits in addition to the above - Sweetcorn, worms, hemp/tares, maggots and casters.
RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE: - Please see our bailiff if in doubt.
Anyone breaking these rules or caught cheating will be asked to leave.
PLEASE NOTE: Westwoodside Coarse Fishery accept no responsibility for any damage or injury caused to persons or their property whilst visiting the fishery.